Do you experience nose bleeding during summer season? Is that rush of blood spoiling your summer vacation? Yes! It is quite common to notice during the summer. Nosebleeds occur for various reasons, and sometimesit may also be caused due to an underlying medical condition. Let’s not get panic! Read through the article and find out the tips to deal with nose bleeding when it strikes at you the next time.
What are the Causes of a Nosebleed During the Summer?
Bleeding occurs when the blood vessels in the front and back sides of the nose ruptures, which is very common to see during the summer times. The other causes include:
- Increase in blood pressure
- Repeated attacks of nose-picking or irritation
- Severe trauma to the face
- Long term use of a nasal decongestant spray
- Dry air
- Suffering from severe rhinitis or common cold
- Use of blood thinners
- Susceptible to allergies and infection
- The intense heat in the atmosphere can also trigger nosebleed in individuals.
- Travelling or staying in high altitudes
- Intense sneezing
When to Visit the Doctor?
Nosebleeds are not a cause of concern, but if you experience frequent bleeding during the summer, then consult the doctor immediately. Your healthcare provider may do a thorough physical check-up to determine the cause of recurrent nosebleed in you. Sometimes nosebleed can also be caused due to nasal tumour, a nasal blood disorder, blood clot or leukemia. Whatsoever the condition it may be, connect with your doctor as early diagnosis and immediate treatment can save your lives from dangerous diseases or disorders. If medicines are prescribed, order them from any trusted online medicine site and avail amazing medicine discount on every order you place.
Self-Care Tips to Deal Your Bloody Nose
When you have a nosebleed, follow the below-mentioned tips to fix it quickly. Here we assist you a few first aid treatments which you can follow to stop the nosebleed.
- Sit straight and tilt your head forward
- Place ice cubes on your nose
- Make the person sit down and relax
- Spray saline-based gel inside nostrils
- Avoid blowing of your nose for at least 48 hours
- Elevate your head up while you sleep
- Avoid irritating, or picking your nose
- Don’t take any medications like aspirin or ibuprofen without your doctor’s concern
- Avoid smoking as it can dry the lining of your nose and may cause bleeding
- During nosebleeds, avoid breathing through the nose instead opt to breathe via mouth
- Avoid doing heavy physical exercise or activities also, don’t lift heavy objects.
Tips to Prevent a Nose bleed
Here are a few tips to prevent the nosebleed before it causes worst experience in you:
- Steam inhalation can moisten and protect the nasal cavity
- Use a humidifier in your room to avoid dry air
- Avoid frequent usage of cold or allergy medicines too often
- Avoid blowing or rubbing your nose too often
- Keep a track on your blood pressure
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated throughout the summer to prevent the nose from getting it dried
- Consume vitamin C-rich foods daily
- Always keep your fingernails short.
- Apply petroleum jelly on the sides of the nostrils to keep the nasal passage moisturized. Order petroleum jelly from the reliable medicineDelivery and get them delivered at your doorstep.
- Moisturize the inner layer of the nasal passages with saline water.
Nosebleed is common to occur during summer days. Yes! Don’t be panic, just following a few of the above easy and simple steps to keep the nosebleeds at bay. If you experience repeated bouts of nosebleeds, then consult your healthcare provider immediately.